From the site:
LEXIDTM – X-ray Imaging Device
The Handheld “Lobster-Eye” X-ray Inspection Device (LEXID) provides through – the – wall focusing and acquisition of backscattering photons from a hidden object irradiated by a cone beam from a low power X-ray generator. The X-ray optic focusing, combined with the X-ray detector significantly lowers the exposure dose, greatly enhancing image resolution. At the emitter side, the collimating optics increases flow of X-rays for deeper penetration through objects of interest, with the same X-ray tube.
- “Lobster-eye” X-ray focusing optics
- Effective use of collimated X-ray energy
- Penetrates through walls and 75mil steel
- Improved image quality
- Low level energy exposure for safe usage
- Handheld security scanning device
- Unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) inspection
- Port security container scanning
- X-ray vision system for industrial and medical use
- Weapon detection
Am I thinking that this will be used on an UAV to look inside peoples homes and violate their privacy… I mean to aid in the search for terrorists.
Don´t believe me just look at the sticker on it. “Department of Homeland Security”